Once a resource is submitted and hard copies received if not available electronically, representatives from the following organizations are available to consider whether it meets the resource criteria for posting.
Center for Economic Education at Lynchburg College
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
Virginia Association for Marketing Educators
Virginia Association for Teachers of Family and Consumer Sciences
Virginia Business Education Association
Virginia Commonwealth University Center for Economic Education
Virginia Consortium of Social Studies Specialists and College Educators
Virginia Council on Economic Education
Virginia Council for the Social Studies
Virginia Credit Union League
Virginia Department of Education
Virginia Tech Center for Economic Education
Thanks to these organizations for their assistance in the review process. If you know qualified organizations or individuals who are willing to assist, please let the TeachingMoneyVA.org Administrator know.
A curriculum resource will be listed if it meets the following criteria:
1. Resource addresses one or more of Virginia’s Economic and Personal Finance Standards of Learning (SOL) for high school students.
2. The title, a brief description, provider contact information, and applicable SOL are provided.
3. Resource is objective in content and tone, and provides accurate information.
4. Resource does not promote any particular financial product, service or company.
5. Content is appropriate for high school students.
6. Resource promotes critical thinking skills, decision-making and behavior change.
Textbooks are not included.
Click Frequently Asked Questions for information on:
Detailed information provided for each curriculum resource
How to submit a resource
Criteria for including a resource on this Web site… and other information